This is a legal agreement ("Agreement") between you and The Alliance of Global Sindhi Associations, a Illinois exempt corporation ("AGSA") which may be contacted at 1999 Jamestown Lane, Elgin, Illinois 60123, USA. By accessing the MILAN Services website, currently located at 1999 Jamestown Lane, Elgin, Illinois 60123 (the "Site"), and using any of the Services (as defined below) accessible through the Site, you become a user and agree to, and are bound by, the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as you continue to use the Site or Services. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. Your use of, or participation in, certain Services may be subject to additional terms, and such terms will be either listed in this Agreement or will be presented to you for your acceptance when you sign up to use such Services.
The MILAN services consist of the following, without limitation: a service for single people seeking partners for marriage purposes ("MILAN Services"). AGSA may offer additional services or revise any of the Services, at its discretion, and this Agreement will apply to all additional services or revised Services. AGSA also reserves the right to cease offering any of the MILAN Services.
This Agreement is subject to change by AGSA in its sole discretion at any time, with or without notice. Your continued use of this Site or the MILAN Services after the posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such revisions. Please consult the end of this Agreement to determine when the Agreement was last revised.
a. Minimum Age: To register as a member of MILAN or use this Site, you must be of legal marriageable age as per the laws the country in which you reside. If the users are residing in the United States, users must be at least 18 years old to use the Site and register for the MILAN Services. By using the MILAN Services, you represent and warrant that you meet the minimum age requirements.
b. Competent: To register as a member of MILAN or use this Site, you must be legally competent as per the laws of the country in which you reside. The site is only to facilitate personal advertisement for lawful marriage alliance between persons who are legally competent to enter into matrimony under the laws to which they are subject. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, consent, authority, and legal capacity to enter into this Agreement and that you are not prohibited or prevented by any applicable law for the time being in force or any order or decree or injunction from any court, tribunal or any such competent authority restraining you from entering into matrimony.
c. Marital Status: By requesting to use, registering to use, or using the MILAN Services, you represent and warrant that you are not married. If you are separated, but not yet legally divorced, you may not request to use, register to use, or use the MILAN Services.
d. Criminal History: By requesting to use, registering to use, and/or using the MILAN Services, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and/or are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. AGSA DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. However, AGSA reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm your compliance with this subsection.
e. Meeting Matching System Criteria.The MILAN Services requires your completion of the Registration Questionnaire, along with AGSA's ability to find good matches for you. Occasionally, the MILAN Services matching system cannot identify high quality compatible matches for a given individual, in which case the MILAN Services cannot be provided.
As a user of the Site or a user registered to use any of the MILAN Services (a "Registered User"), you agree to the following:
a. Exclusive Use. Your account is for your personal and exclusive use only. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You may not reproduce or distribute any information of any type, including information about other individuals who are registered users of this Site, gained from this Site without the express authorization of both 1) MILAN and 2) the relevant users whose information you wish to reproduce or distribute. IT IS UNDERSTOOD BY YOU THAT ANY VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH WILL RESULT IN A PERMANENT BAN FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE AND ALL MILAN SERVICES.
b. Third-Party Access. You acknowledge that AGSA is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your usernames and passwords.
c. Information Submitted. You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, (i) the information and content you contribute to the MILAN Services; (ii) the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available (hereinafter "post") through the MILAN Services; and (iii) your interactions with other Registered Users through the MILAN Services. You are responsible for updating your information at all times. If it becomes known by MILAN or its associates that information is not accurately depicted on your profile, MILAN may request you to update your profile accordingly. If you fail to adhere to such request, MILAN reserves the right to suspend or terminate your ability to use MILAN Services for an indefinite period of time.
d. Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the MILAN Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including dating. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting individuals through the MILAN Services. Nonetheless, if you are requested to no longer contact any individual you have met through MILAN and you choose not to respect that request, MILAN reserves the right to suspend or terminate your ability to use MILAN Services for an indefinite period of time.
e. No Guarantees: AGSA may not be able to provide matches for everyone seeking to use its services. Further, AGSA makes no guarantees as to the number or frequency of matches through the Service, or to such matches' ability, desire or criteria to communicate with any user. You understand that AGSA makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the AGSA Service or as to the conduct of such individuals.
f. Reporting of Violations: You will promptly report to AGSA any violation of the Agreement by others, including but not limited to, Registered Users.
g. Content Removal. AGSA reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the MILAN Services or post in the public areas of the Services. AGSA will have the right to remove any such information or material that in its sole opinion violates, or may violate, any applicable law or either the letter or spirit of this Agreement or upon the request of any third party.
h. Posting and Communication Restrictions: In addition to the terms of this Agreement, you will not post on the AGSA Services, transmit to other users, communicate any content (or links thereto), or otherwise engage in any activity on the Site or through the MILAN Services, that:
i. promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
ii. is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other users of the Site or MILAN Services;
iii. is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
iv. contains others' copyrighted content (e.g., music, movies, videos, photographs, images, software, etc.) without obtaining permission first;
v. contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor's legal guardian);
vi. promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone's privacy, harm or harass another person, obtain others' identity information, create or disseminate computer viruses, or circumvent copy-protect devices;
vii. intended to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the MILAN Services;
viii. contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
ix. promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political platform, cult, or sect;
x. disseminates another person's personal information without his or her permission, or collects or solicits another person's personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
xi. is off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others' enjoyment of the Site;
xii. impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
xiii. solicits gambling or engages in any gambling or similar activity;
xiv. uses scripts, bots or other automated technology to access the Site or Services;
xv. uses the Site or Services for chain letter, junk mail or spam e-mails;
xvi. collects or solicits personal information about anyone under 18; or
xvii. is in any way used for or in connection with spamming, spimming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities.
i. No False Information: You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to AGSA or to any other user. If information provided to AGSA or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify AGSA of such change.
j. No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation: You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Site or MILAN Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the MILAN Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
k. Unique and Bona Fide Profile: As a Registered User of the MILAN Services, you will create only one unique profile. In addition, your use of the MILAN Services must be for bona fide relationship-seeking purposes in order to maintain the integrity of the MILAN Services (for example, you may not become a Registered User solely to compile a report of compatible singles in your area, or to write a school research paper). Not all registered users are available for matching. From time to time, AGSA may create test profiles in order to monitor the operation of the MILAN Services.
l. No Harassment of AGSA Volunteers, Employees or Agents: You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any AGSA volunteers, employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the MILAN Services to you.
m. This service is for members who are Sindhi and of the Hindu or Sikh faith as determined by AGSA in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to refuse MILAN Services to any individual for any reason.
a. Ownership of Proprietary Information: You hereby acknowledge and agree that AGSA is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information, including without limitation, compatibility profiles, and relationship questionnaires (collectively, "Confidential Information"). AGSA owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the MILAN Services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
b. No Use of Confidential Information: You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Confidential Information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the MILAN Services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
1. Privacy Statement. For information about the collection and possible use of information and material provided by you, please click on AGSA' Privacy Statement located on the Site. By using the Site or the MILAN Services, you are consenting to the terms of AGSA's Privacy Statement.
2. Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that AGSA may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend AGSA's, or a third party's, rights or property; or (3) protect someone's health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
3. Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Privacy Statement, AGSA reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any information that you submit to the MILAN Services, if in its sole opinion, AGSA suspects or has reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that AGSA, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that AGSA is permitted to make such disclosure.
4. Use of Anonymous Information for Research: By using the AGSA Services, you agree to allow AGSA to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences through the MILAN Services to continue AGSA' research into successful relationships and to improve the MILAN Services.
NO WARRANTIES. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. AGSA PROVIDES THE MILAN SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE MILAN SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. AGSA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE MILAN SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE MILAN SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. AGSA DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE MILAN SERVICES.
We endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information provided. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Every effort is to keep the website running up and smoothly. However we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being down due to technical issues beyond our control.
We have no control over the nature, content and availability of any information provided to you through any links that are not under our control. Also, we do not imply any recommendation or endorse the views of any information available through any of links.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AGSA, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) relating to or arising out of (a) your use of or inability to use the Site or MILAN Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. AGSA reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with AGSA in asserting any available defenses.
In no event we will be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any loss of data in connection with use of this website.
To resolve a complaint regarding the MILAN Services, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your email address to send you messages notifying you of important changes to the MILAN Services. Further, we may contact you by telephone in order to communicate with you regarding the MILAN Services.
This Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance of the Agreement by your use of the Site or the MILAN Services and will remain in effect in perpetuity unless terminated hereunder. Either you or AGSA may terminate your account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon sending written notice to the other party. AGSA reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the MILAN Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our MILAN Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion. You may terminate your account by following navigating to My Profile -> Edit Profile Settings -> Delete Profile. Following any termination of any Registered User's use of the MILAN Services, AGSA reserves the right to send a notice thereof to other Registered Users which whom you have corresponded. If MILAN terminates your membership for breach of terms of this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any Subscription fees, if any, paid by you
Cancellation at any time: Except as otherwise stated in this section, you may cancel your registration or subscription to the MILAN Services at any time during the term of such registration or subscription or any renewal period by navigating to My Profile -> Edit Profile Settings -> Delete Profile.
1. Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that Illinois law (without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles) will govern this Agreement, the Site and the Services and that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Site or the Services will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts in the County of Kane and the State of Illinois. You acknowledge and agree that any violation of this Agreement may cause AGSA irreparable harm, and therefore agree that AGSA will be entitled to seek extraordinary relief in court, including but not limited to temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions without the necessity of posting a bond or other security, in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that AGSA may have for a breach of this Agreement.
2. Miscellaneous. This Agreement, which you accept upon registration for the MILAN Services, the Privacy Statement located on the Site, comprise the entire agreement between you and AGSA regarding the use of this MILAN Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and AGSA related to your use of this Site or MILAN Services (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Agreement). Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Agreement will survive termination of your registration to the MILAN Service. The failure of AGSA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of the Site or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
3. Waiver and Severability of Terms. AGSA' failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision. In such case, the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
This Agreement was last revised on October 20, 2018.
For any questions, please send an email to email@example.com